Search the forum,

Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

You are aware of course that the good old beeb receives funding from the EU ?, as such it is not allowed to criticise the EU directly due to this funding, do a search for BBC EU funding while some info is from the "Torygraph" and the likes of spectator etc. it was also brought up by Farage in the EU parliament a few years ago, and even admitted by the beeb due to FOI requests.

So much for impartiality then :) the beeb are bought and bribed to spin the pro-EU/establishment line.

The BBC is not allowed to criticize the EU? that's just not true is it? Where do you get such nonsense from? Do you think that the BBC would suppress a bad story on the EU because they received some money from them? If you honestly believe that then I know there is nothing I or anyone can say to make you see sense.

Now if you want to discuss editorial censorship due to funding received then you need to look no further than the paper you are quoting to make your point, The Daily Telegraph, and their reporting (or lack of) of the HSBC scandal last year.

There is other info out there on this subject :) the beeb will not criticise the EU directly because it is conditional on receiving said funding, the same goes for any other organisation that also receives funding from the EU
Try and find one piece of "reporting" by the beeb that openly criticises the EU then, you won't because they don't, sure they will quote Farage or someone else who does, but they are very selective with reporting.

Ps. I don't subscribe to the Torygraph or the Daily fail either, nor the Guardian for that matter, and The likes of Sky news is just as bad.

Last edited:

Thing is there is reporting the news and keeping it balanced AND reporting the news:

BBC link

Home - BBC News

Big prominent position

Sky News:

The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Not quite so prominent!

And its all very well for the G20 to make statements like this but where was there warning about the 2007 crash?

I don't see a lot of difference Murdoch really.
But why is it that you see it as BBC bias and not Sky bias? If I was 'looking' for biased reporting to defend my view I could say that foreign owned Sky was biased in its reporting of the pro EU view for the very sane reason that you are giving for claiming that the BBC is biased.

What you seem to be saying here is that Sky set the debate and if the BBC do not copy them then that proves their biased.

the beeb will not criticise the EU directly because it is conditional on receiving said funding,
Nor should the BBC criticize the EU, or any other organization for that matter, it shouldn't praise them either. It's the BBCs job to report and not give opinions.

Try and find one piece of "reporting" by the beeb that openly criticises the EU then,

I doubt I'll find one, I also doubt I'll find one praising it either.

The majority of the media be it BBC or Sky is biased to the EU - take the slogan been used to confuse the public. 'We are stronger in Europe' - this is incorrect to say as we are part of Europe what they should say is we are stronger in the EU but it doesn't have the same grab tbh - they are doing their best to use misleading slogans and incorrect statistics to make the IN capaign look look the only option.
The media has a duty to report factually yet they are not batting an eyelid to deliberate attempts to sway using incorrect quotes.

Sorry, I'll correct the slogan for them, the EU would be stronger with us part of it not the other way around, we would be very capable of becoming the same world leading trade country that we were once before signing up to this power grabbing machine.

Last edited:

Nor should the BBC criticize the EU, or any other organization for that matter, it shouldn't praise them either. It's the BBCs job to report and not give opinions.

I doubt I'll find one, I also doubt I'll find one praising it either.

If you believe anything the boys bu**erring corp has to say then I have a bridge for sale :)

The mainstream media in this country is owned by about a handful of "big corporations" each with their own agenda, I very much doubt their interests coincide with ours, it is only their interests they are looking out for.

The EU is a politicians club, run by and for failed politicians of all flavours for their own selfish reasons, the "plebs" of all countries in this club don't even register as a secondary consideration, it is not what is best for us, only what is best for them.

Love Europe, hate the EU :)

The thing is with this so called club, it predominantly suits big multinational corporations, it screws the little guys over, for instance the red tape and multitude of regulations suits the big corps because in the economies of scale they can afford to implement the various directives fairly easily, where as the smaller firms struggle to compete.

Again mass migration from say Eastern Europe (shengen) suits big companies by lowering the wages across the board, the German multinationals agree with Merkels current open door policy for this very reason, sod the indigenous German workers.

A game of "divide and conquer" is afoot, in that you have the so called "lefties" decrying anyone against the status quo as right wing fascists, where in reality it is in none of the common peoples interests.
The Yanks love it too, because they can easily manipulate one monolithic block with the invariable "horse trading" that goes on behind closed doors to suit big businesses on both sides of the Atlantic and again screw the little people.

I am actually surprised that Labour (in this country) support this policy, not that I believe in the left/right paradigm ;) both main political parties in this country are two cheeks of the same arse as far as I am concerned.

Thing is there is reporting the news and keeping it balanced AND reporting the news:

BBC link

Home - BBC News

Big prominent position

Sky News:

The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News

Not quite so prominent!

And its all very well for the G20 to make statements like this but where was there warning about the 2007 crash?
Not quite sure you've made a point there Murdoch. Both sites report the story, in different parts of their 'Home' page, the BBC leads with the story and Sky has it second (currently 1525hrs 27/02/16). The BBC reports on a Unicorn rescued in California and Sky on a goose been shot in a quiet village :rolleyes2:

The story is also being reported on other world media sites, with some suggesting Osborne insisting on the subject being discussed by the G20.

Whatever you slant on its reporting, there's no hiding the fact, that the other G20 leaders have a detrimental view on the Brexit. Whether you can draw any conclusions on that is up for discussion. All I would say, as an electrician, I think those financial leaders would have a more opinionated reasons than any I could give.

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back