failed EICR, please can you advice | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss failed EICR, please can you advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can i submit the oŕiginal EICR with the evidence or remedial work done . And who do I submit this to.please
Unless anyone (like a letting agent) asks for it, you just have to hold it. A bit like no one comes knocking to see your car MOT.

Hi Tim

He will charge £120 to.issue a pass/ new EICR . Can i submit the oŕiginal EICR with the evidence or remedial work done . And who do I submit this to.please

you cannot pay for a pass. So charging £120 for a EICR with a pass is not possible.

you’ve already paid for the EICR. It Came back unsatisfactory. That’s it, no new EICR is required. Just proof the issues it came back unsatisfactory for have been rectified.

i normally issue a statement of fact listing works I have done.

if I strongly disagree with a coding that has resulted in a fail, I will state this that no works where required due to my belief the installation does not require it to acheive a satisfactory ( only ever done this once).

at the bottom of the statement of fact I would write-

i have carried out all works to bring (installation address) up to a standard to achieve a satisfactory based on EICR cert number 123456 done on (date done) by (contractor business name).

Reply to failed EICR, please can you advice in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net