Help new kitchen nightmare | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Help new kitchen nightmare in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Ner123ak

Hi
We have just spent quite a lot on having a new kitchen in another part of our house. This was a complete installation including new electrics plumbing etc.
It us now apparently finished and quite frankly the electrics scare me
The power cables are running in and out of the radiator pipes everywhere for a start. When I asked I was told it's ok it's heat protected cable.
Couple of pictures below I have many more from all over.
The hob and oven are just on a 13 amp plug and that don't seem right to me as well. The whole work is quite shocking but I will stick to electricals [ElectriciansForums.net] Help new kitchen nightmare[ElectriciansForums.net] Help new kitchen nightmare
Please could someone help me as I don't know what I should do
thnx v much for any advice
k

fitted a shower recently, yes it did had a bright green light around its on/off button. no way to disable it other than turning the power off on the isolator switch.

I generally for Mira sport showers or triton opal I think it is, maybe I've just not seen one with such a bright light. You could always unhook the LED from the back if it's annoying you, obviously don't do it unless you are capable of doing so and competent etc.

It does look quite bright doesn't it. well like I say, there is the option to remove that LED, it "might" be the case that its be incorrectly mounted and is shining straight out which is why it is so bright, but not 100% sure.

As for the fact that there is no shower pull switch for local switching, I am just looking in the regs as to find something about it, I cant think where it is.

If the guy is just replacing the shower does he have to fit an isolator? Isnt that a bit like changing a socket and having to add a rcd CU.
Dont get me wrong, it would be good to add one.

Well like I said its a totally new bathroom There was no shower before.
There's certainly no cord or switch.
aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

I stand corrected then. The electrician is a complete waste of time, and I thought he was only 95% waste of time...

If the guy is just replacing the shower does he have to fit an isolator? Isnt that a bit like changing a socket and having to add a rcd CU.
Dont get me wrong, it would be good to add one.

Not replacing, the OP has stated a couple of times now ''no previous electric shower in the house'' The supply to this shower is from what used to be the cooker control switch... It needs a means of DP local isolation, either a wall switch or a ceiling mounted pull switch. Even if only to turn off that LED indicator lamp, but i'd install such a local isolation switch as a matter of course...

Here's a piece of an email they sent me

The hob on 13 amp plug tops are okay, it comes as the recommended installation from the manufacturer. So no worries there.
I understand your concerns about the Cables along the radiator pipes, I raised this myself with another electrician once upon a time, but don’t worry its fine. The cable nowadays is all shielded and heat proofed.
We hand over certification for all his electrical work once paid, so this should will help put your mind at ease.

what a load of old cobblers.

since when has T/E been heat proofed?

you have the manufacturers instructions for the oven and hob. tell him to get someone to read them out to him, as he's obviously incapable of reading them himself.

Here's a piece of an email they sent me

The hob on 13 amp plug tops are okay, it comes as the recommended installation from the manufacturer. So no worries there.
I understand your concerns about the Cables along the radiator pipes, I raised this myself with another electrician once upon a time, but don’t worry its fine. The cable nowadays is all shielded and heat proofed.
We hand over certification for all his electrical work once paid, so this should will help put your mind at ease.

Jeez, don't let him back in any more. This is the final nail in the coffin. And the coffin already had plenty of nails in it! Daz

Reply to Help new kitchen nightmare in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net