i am thinking about starting an electrician course | Page 7 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss i am thinking about starting an electrician course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ektoras

i am thinking about starting an electrician course i live i plymouth
need some advise please... which places have got a good reputation
for people with no experience etc thanks luca

Yes because I want to do something else in my spare time having done the same thing for 12 years.

I dont see why I should spend thousands extra and months of training for someone to tell me how to do domestic work which frankly anyone and most unqualified people can do. yes if i wanted to do commercial work then yes I would do the proper route, but im not.
hang fire a minute here fella.....you state here you don`t want to do commercial work....yet you no doubt construct data systems within such premises..
i mean eh?

Have you never fancied a change of scene in your life? I guess not... Im only doing DI work for fun / hobby more than anything.
well we see and hear about a lot of `hobby electricians` in here....and sometimes were even treated to pics of their handywork....
well you go right ahead but no doubt when you`v passed your `course` (lol) course it wont be long before your coming back in here asking about how to go about this n that (install)....
take note boys...

I'm going to be totally honest and blatantly frank with you, ...I don't believe a word of your long post!! I've been around long enough to have heard just about every story in the book!! Nothing your saying rings sanely true, especially, the only interested in domestic work and the part/spare time bit!!

Stick to running in data comms wiring etc, you haven't got a clue about electrical installations and even less about installation fault finding!!

Have you never fancied a change of scene in your life? I guess not... Im only doing DI work for fun / hobby more than anything.

I have forgotten more than you will ever learn fella and there are others here who have forgotten more than I will ever know, IMO an Electrical Installation whether Domestic, Commercial, Industrial or other is something which needs real skill and quality to carry out correctly and successfully, there will always be various levels of skill throughout the Industry, but proper training is invaluable, never assume Domestic work is easy just because you think it is, saying for Fun is quite appalling and ridiculous, it is confirmed, you are a clown end of

Turning over half a million and piddling about with a 5 week course.....baffled! All for worthless bits of paper to stuff in the back pocket. Keep churning out the cv, pal. Doing what you are makes me think you might need it. Might impress some dimwit.

I think there's a lot of people who do short courses and the go on to trash people's houses! There's nothing to say that someone who has been doing it 20 years is going to be any better, it's like saying you have had a driving licence for 50 years so it makes you better at driving.

Total Rollocks and another insult, my god what crap are you going to come out with next, jeez :iamwithstupid:

well theres this store on dewsbury market called `scene fashions`....
its loaded with like copies of stuff...

- - - Updated - - -

well theres this store on dewsbury market called `scene fashions`....
its loaded with like copies of stuff...

Please enough is enough now!!

You talk about having a successful comms business but state you can't afford a van, and don't even know about vehicle business insurance cover!! I'm afraid your a story teller, and not a very good one either.

Reply to i am thinking about starting an electrician course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net