i am thinking about starting an electrician course | Page 9 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss i am thinking about starting an electrician course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ektoras

i am thinking about starting an electrician course i live i plymouth
need some advise please... which places have got a good reputation
for people with no experience etc thanks luca

if i had my way i`d shut down all these `training centres`...all these 5 week/2 week whatever courses would just go banned, outlawd, wiped away or otherwise consigned to a particularly sad chapter of the history book of electrical installs...
the industry never called for em...they were foisted on it by stealth....the industry dont need em either...
there should be one recognised route into this industry..properly vetted and properly encouraged without all this `extra`..
one route in: recognised, industry approved and properly funded with real examinations....

The boom and bust cycle of a 5 week spark

Get pants pulled down by training provider

Do course, convince yourself and others you will break the mould and be a success where all others fail

Pass exams that you can't really fail

By a MFT and a few other bits....

Get scammed by the scam providers and hand over £500

Get a few jobs and think you've cracked it.

Get stuck on a job and ask loads of daft questions on here

Realise your out your depth

Customers realise you haven't a clue and work dries up

Sell your MFT and other bits and go back to your original job

Can I have 1st dibs on your tools :)

Do course, convince yourself and others you will break the mould and be a success where all others fail

hit it on the nail !

Absolutely spot on....and I know a few who have done it

Fixitelectrical.....

You have a very interesting username considering you intend to take a 5 week course....domestic, commercial or industrial you will come across some simalar faults, now if you really can live up to your username now lets start with a easy one.....

You have a I.R reading of 0.29meg between L-E on a lighting radial with 9 fittings...... Where would you start......explain your process....impress us with your 5 week experience.....

This is not having a go this is just giving you a insight of the type of call I will probably get tomorrow,

Domestic or commercial you could get this call, what would you do?

Fixitelectrical.....

You have a very interesting username considering you intend to take a 5 week course....domestic, commercial or industrial you will come across some simalar faults, now if you really can live up to your username now lets start with a easy one.....

You have a I.R reading of 0.29meg between L-E on a lighting radial with 9 fittings...... Where would you start......explain your process....impress us with your 5 week experience.....

This is not having a go this is just giving you a insight of the type of call I will probably get tomorrow,

Domestic or commercial you could get this call, what would you do?

:book:

Well 20 minutes later still no reply....my tools would be back in the van now and my hand out £££££
well..i think he`s gone...shame really...
i was hoping he was going to reply with something like `well firstly i`d drop all the lamps out`....or some other kind of time wasting silliness like that..lol..

Reply to i am thinking about starting an electrician course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net