I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofts

so I will fire away.

Im working on a house at the moment that has 2 rings. one up and one down. the one downstairs has the kitchen on it so I am going to put a new kitchen ring in which will leave three rings in total. upstairs ring,downstairs ring and kitchen ring. as the kitchen ring is one the downstairs ring currently I obviously need to joing the cables that were done so via the sockets previously so it remains a ring as such. I was going to use Junction boxes but I was wondering if I could use these instead

LINE 32A 3 Port Push In Connector [L3P32] - £0.14 : for electricians by electricians

Live ------------ -------------- Live
Earth ----------- -------------- Earth
Neutral --------- -------------- Neutral

would I just connect one to each end of the cable making sure each one is put in the same or .......

thanks for any help

As a very old newbie, canI ask why he is working on someones house if he is not a qualified electrician or under the supervision of a journeyman?

Is this work insurable?

theenglishman1

Well the last time he had an account before he got banned he explained the situation much to this effect:
"I'm working as an electrician and I know what I'm doing honest, but if I ask anyone at work for help with my basic problems any first year apprentice could solve I'll get sussed out and fired. Doesn't matter anyway lol I'll just fill in the many gaps in my knowledge by asking on here. That alright by you guys lol ? "

Just out of curiosity AL how many up and coming electricians have passed your knoledge on to . Its all well and good moaning about the quality of sparks coming through (not all) but most compared to say 15 years ago but if you guys who have the knoledge and skills arent willing to take on apprentices you cant really moan can you?

anyway I had a good day today and got most of the new kitchen ring in with just a little bit more left to do for tommorow morning. If im honest im not sure why im putting in another ring, it was speciffied on the job sheet so I just follow its layed out to do list. I am under the impression that it is good practice to have in a 1 up 1 down house three rings. One for the upstairs one for the downstairs and one for the kitchen. I was amazed to find out the other day that some people even like to add a fourth ring with 2 being in the kitchen. one for appliances that take have a large load on start up kettle etc, and one presumable for pluging your tv, phone charge or whatever into. good idea and I like it and i leant something so thumbs up all round.

anyway tonights question if anyone wants to answer

the first picture below will show where I am up to the red pen is my planned route but will involve another bash on the hammer drill to chase out a run from the switched fused spur up the wall so I can feed my2.5 up under the floorboards above and then back down to the final switched fused spur.

My drill is on its way out and I dont think it will take to much more abuse so I was wondering if I can do what I have drawn in the second picture below with the red pen it doesnt look right but it still keeps the ring going (no doubt im in for a kicking with the statement that follows if its not ok) but all I can see is that it will make 2nd fix a right pain especially as im only using 25mm metal back boxes, maybee if I had used deeper one it would be ok but then again maybee not. youve got to ask these things if you dont know, hoepfully someone will drop by and reply without all the unnessary comments.

cheers

[ElectriciansForums.net] I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet

fingers crossed you can see that

Reply to I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net