I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet | Page 5 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofts

so I will fire away.

Im working on a house at the moment that has 2 rings. one up and one down. the one downstairs has the kitchen on it so I am going to put a new kitchen ring in which will leave three rings in total. upstairs ring,downstairs ring and kitchen ring. as the kitchen ring is one the downstairs ring currently I obviously need to joing the cables that were done so via the sockets previously so it remains a ring as such. I was going to use Junction boxes but I was wondering if I could use these instead

LINE 32A 3 Port Push In Connector [L3P32] - £0.14 : for electricians by electricians

Live ------------ -------------- Live
Earth ----------- -------------- Earth
Neutral --------- -------------- Neutral

would I just connect one to each end of the cable making sure each one is put in the same or .......

thanks for any help

Come on guys, what’s going on, Lofty/Lofts still manages to get “how to do it myself” info on her, please stop giving advices.

I know some of you think that better to give advice then let him do it dangerous job, this has to stop, and the best way achieving this is to let him do it his way and mess it up
BADLY, maybe then we will get some changes in this trade, because we all know that changes come if something badly happens only, and maybe then he will learn, because he is obviously not listening what are we/were trying to say here, he called himself determined under previous name, I would call it deluded.

He is not in his own house or working with someone to supervise him; he is in the client’s house who trusts the so called electrician on his expertise, and assumes that he done and left everything safe, it just making me sick only by writing this, poor customers. The safety and well being of our customers must be a paramount issue to as all.

Don’t you see what is going on here; he somehow managed to get a well paid job, through lies and most probably through contacts. Portrays himself as top electrician and then rides on forum members heads, gets the answers and does the job, but don’t forget the job is still will be dangerous, think how many questions he didn’t ask.

He is not even has access to trainees section jet I think, because I seen the requirements to sign in, and I understand why he is not allowed; probably he has to produce something he hasn’t.

I don’t know why all this c**p got me going, because I believed before and still believe that this is a joke and someone under his previous name and the one now just taking a Mickey here……

Sorry for being harsh and if I offended someone, but I couldn’t hold anymore, because whenever I was coming to forum I seen Lofty everywhere, now I see Lofts. I understand that some of you like to get popcorns or can of bear, sit and enjoy the show, but this is seriously dangerous what he is doing ….

P.S. Members who knew him under his previous name Lofty, will have a clue what I am rumbling on about here.

Regards: Al

Everyone who helps this chancer survive one day at a time without being found out contributes to the current situation where qualified sparks are sitting at home out of work

As an old newbie and always wanting learn, should there be a request by consumers to see some qualification of the electricians qualifications. I spent a fair amount of my life living in the US and it was always a request that journey men be licensed and bonded, therefore to some extent guaranteeing the quality of work.
Apologises if I am speaking to the choir.

Another question seeing as I've added a kitchen ring to this house/board will it need to be updated to a 17th eddition one the one in the place at the moment only has one rcd it's a memra 2000 ad board. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

3 years possibly June

any circuit(s) that you work on have to be brought up to current regulations. Isn't this a social housing project? I could have sworn that was the general feeling we were all getting. If it is then you should have a spec to work to. If it isn't and you're working for a company you should have a set of instructions to work to. If you have neither you're probably doing private work for a client and.........

Nah it is a company and they do all sorts of things the project I'm on is for housing association there's nothing In the spec about a board chance and the supervisor said its not having one I thought it would have to seeing as I've added a kitchen ring and will be adding additional sockets on both the upstairs and downstairs run

Reply to I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net