I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofts

so I will fire away.

Im working on a house at the moment that has 2 rings. one up and one down. the one downstairs has the kitchen on it so I am going to put a new kitchen ring in which will leave three rings in total. upstairs ring,downstairs ring and kitchen ring. as the kitchen ring is one the downstairs ring currently I obviously need to joing the cables that were done so via the sockets previously so it remains a ring as such. I was going to use Junction boxes but I was wondering if I could use these instead

LINE 32A 3 Port Push In Connector [L3P32] - £0.14 : for electricians by electricians

Live ------------ -------------- Live
Earth ----------- -------------- Earth
Neutral --------- -------------- Neutral

would I just connect one to each end of the cable making sure each one is put in the same or .......

thanks for any help

sod the first one basically I was wondering if I could do this instead of coming out of the switched fused spur below the fan, up the wall and down into the switched fused spur by the washing machine. seriously dont know why it wont show you the pictures, ready to smash this laptop to bits.

everytime i go to up load it i get a message saying electricians forums has stopped responding, recover website, pain in the arse

[ElectriciansForums.net] I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet

hopefully here is the first pic this was what I was going to do but to save me having to chase out another cable run I wondered if I could do what ive done in the pic above marked out with red pen

I planned to do it the way in the second pic. the blue pen was showing where I got to the red was what im going to be doing tommorow. I just wondered if the red pen in the 1st pic was acceptable. Its still continuous but just means more cables in the back of the socket and as i only used the 25mm deep ones it will be a little packed in there. My hammer drill is dead pretty much and I wont be able to get a new one untill payday, so I thought that this might be a way around it. perhaps if i used deeper boxes like the ones used for a cooker switch it might be ok. I dont no if its permitted which is why i asked as I find its a good way of learning

it took me all day with a hammer drill to get to that point plus a cooker switch and 2 more double sockets lol. I did have a go with the chisel but the bricks were far to hard. I even taped up mr drill bit so I hit the smae depth everytime and drilled loads of little holes everywhere

think i remember useing a skusel bit once. it had zig zag teeth, now that was a beauty to work with, gonna have to invest in one

Reply to I would post this in the trainee forum but I havent been accepted yet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net