MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Arms
Reaction score
MK have hit the market first with a lever connection based double socket.

I for one will be all over them as they are not too differently priced, £5.99.

Is it not possible to make green/yellow plastic, they have opted for green which I suppose does indicate earth whilst those cheap nasty inline connectors we have seen on here opt for yellow which doesn't indicate earth. Seems like a good idea.

Is it not possible to make green/yellow plastic, they have opted for green which I suppose does indicate earth whilst those cheap nasty inline connectors we have seen on here opt for yellow which doesn't indicate earth. Seems like a good idea.
it can be done.
it requires a special screw in the injection moulding machine (known as a marbalizing screw)
this is the sort of thing you end up with

That's lime??
[ElectriciansForums.net] MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER

Talk about hard to please.

Next time I'm stuck in a 300mm base unit sticking a double socket it I'll think "this a pain in the arse but at least I'm not using a green earth lever"
?

Personally I wouldn’t use them at double the cost of standard as the time saved wouldn’t be worth it in my opinion. Tightening up 3 terminal screws takes me seconds. The plate screws take longer usually.

Might be a different story in an awkward area I suppose, but still have the plate screws to contend with anyway.

If they come down in price to similar to standard I’d be happy to switch

This is definitely a game changer for me.
Imagine all the broken ring circuits this would avoid from idiots over tightening the screw terminals.
There are some, yes, but more are caused by loose terms than overtightening.
The vast majority I find are with cables dropped out....not tightened or worked loose and plate forced back.
It solves both problems, though....as long as they are installed correctly. I wouldn't trust very many, even with levers, though.
'Throw 'em in brigade'.

Incidentally, I was at a job recently where the light switches had lever terminals. Slightly different design to these, press to release the conductor. Crabtree brand, and, according to the client, installed at the time the house was built, 25 years ago.

I guess we just weren't ready for them back then as they never took off.

i'm going to give them a try. without actually fitting one it's like saying i hate rice pudding when i've never tasted it. (btw, i have and it's disgusting, would not feed it to the dogs).

Reply to MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net