MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Arms
Reaction score
MK have hit the market first with a lever connection based double socket.

I for one will be all over them as they are not too differently priced, £5.99.

Is it not possible to make green/yellow plastic, they have opted for green which I suppose does indicate earth whilst those cheap nasty inline connectors we have seen on here opt for yellow which doesn't indicate earth. Seems like a good idea.
like wise, Megger and Fluke have not been able to make their earth leads in green/yellow. WTF cares. we all know what they are.

The main reason I won’t use the french sockets is the funny shaped holes
and why you don't date French women??? i knew a woman once, 1/2/English, 1/2 French. she used to shave 1 armpit.

i'm going to give them a try.
Me too. Not specifically to save time (which they will), but because of the third terminal. Can be problematic to daisychain in some rewires as the existing wavin won't allow two x T&E. Now instead of the traditional daisychain radials, this socket gives the option of the "tree type" radial when circumstances require it. In reality "tree type" radials save on cable and lower FLI which is another bonus

Me too. Not specifically to save time (which they will), but because of the third terminal. Can be problematic to daisychain in some rewires as the existing wavin won't allow two x T&E. Now instead of the traditional daisychain radials, this socket gives the option of the "tree type" radial when circumstances require it. In reality "tree type" radials save on cable and lower FLI which is another bonus
we all gotta save a tree. combat global warming and all that. but . if it's true, why is it colder in August than most Octobers? don't soundlike warming to me.

One of the issues with plates is always shallow back boxes ! Can they not be banned ? !! Given the chance I always fit as deep as possible. =Lights especially . Nothing worse than at a later date someone has to fit dimmers etc and are trying to cram all the cables into a shallow box.

One of the issues with plates is always shallow back boxes ! Can they not be banned ? !! Given the chance I always fit as deep as possible.
Agreed. 25mm minimum for light switches. Can metal backboxes not also be banned? (ouch!). If 2 +1,s back boxes were available in pvc, I would never look at one again.

Agreed. 25mm minimum for light switches. Can metal backboxes not also be banned? (ouch!). If 2 +1,s back boxes were available in pvc, I would never look at one again.
OK in partitions but plastic boxes sunk in a solid wall would stink of cheap to me.
A good, solid backbox is a must, IMO.

OK in partitions but plastic boxes sunk in a solid wall would stink of cheap to me.
A good, solid backbox is a must, IMO.
Depends.... if they are made like cavity wall boxes then yes. If they are stronger etc and designed to do the job then why not ?

You can buy plastic boxes designed for burying, I forget who makes them though. Designed for walls that might rust metal back boxes.

You can buy plastic boxes designed for burying, I forget who makes them though. Designed for walls that might rust metal back boxes.
Interesting....we all come across rusting boxes. It might be a bit iffy installing any electrics in walls expected to be 'dampish', though.
Replacements, maybe?

I don't use anything else but them except where unavoidable.. The metal backbox is very poorly designed in my view and lends itself to problem.
doesn't any of youlot still use wood back boxes?

Is it this sort of box? Smaller than a surface pattress and look like they're designed for this purpose.

Other than breaking with convention, is there any technical reason why metal boxes are preferable to PVC? Surely if well fixed, they're not going to be any more prone to movement or flexing than metal boxes.

Reply to MK rapidfix, GAME CHANGER in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net