naked ladies!!!!! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss naked ladies!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

VoltzElectrical

-
Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
no, actually, no real naked ladies, but

I done a EICR or PIR actually on an old house with apparent TT set up for earthing. 6mm earth cable coming up from the door step to the 3036 board. I disconnect the earth cable and do a Ze. Reading? - 0.11!!!!!!! Test between Live and neutral, same reading.

Can't see where connection made between neutral and earth. Any suggestions?

it wont be TT....
them rods were left connected no doubt.....but it aint TT is that....it all points to tncs....

Yes Glenn the readings DO suggest TNC-S but do any of you experts have any suggestions WHERE the connection between neutral and earth have been made? As I have stated,, concentric cable coming in to fairly new service head. Single 6mm earth cable going down to ground by front door. No earth from service head to DB. 0.11 Ze. Weird.

i`m wondering if theres a buried joint someware.....
does the service cable come up from the ground....or is it clipped to the wall as you have stated its an overhead supply...
caus i`m just thinking if theres a scotchcast onto the neutral someware.....and the earth is coming off that....
just speculative mind...

No need to shout Voltz, I am simply suggesting that the earth wire from the rod may be strapped to either the gas or water main on its route from the rod to the DB?????????

Its hard to see the job from my lounge............

I'm not SHOUTING!

HAHA

The apparent earthing is from the front step, by the DB and the meter.

The gas intake is 5 meters to the left in the lounge. the water intake is way back in the rear of the property. I followed the procedure for doing a Ze, i.e. DISCONNECT the incoming earth and test between it and the supply. result is 0.11 ohms which for an apparent TT system, seems low, I want to know if anyone has experienced a similar setup, and if so, where was the earth connected to the neutral as this is (same readings L-N / L-E).

Thanks.

i`m wondering if theres a buried joint someware.....
does the service cable come up from the ground....or is it clipped to the wall as you have stated its an overhead supply...
caus i`m just thinking if theres a scotchcast onto the neutral someware.....and the earth is coming off that....
just speculative mind...

Cable comes in from overhead Glenn. Just Live and Neutral. Comes in top of the front door with earth separate going down to front door step..

Disconnect the earth at the rod end and using a wander lead test the rod directly Voltz.

You may be surprised and find the rod giving you a VERY low reading for TT, testing the rod direct will verify the Ra at least at the property to rule out this .........

Disconnect the earth at the rod end and using a wander lead test the rod directly Voltz

appreciate the advice, but a little impracticable TBH. Not My House and given the readings, not justifiable to start smashing about a customers residence for what? A better reading! FFs I'm after advice about why the readings are so good!

Disconnect the earth at the rod end and using a wander lead test the rod directly Voltz.

You may be surprised and find the rod giving you a VERY low reading for TT, testing the rod direct will verify the Ra at least at the property to rule out this .........
he has done syk...
its just strange (but not impossible) to be getting .11 on a TT....
the same on Zpe & Zpn however can only really mean one thing

Reply to naked ladies!!!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net