Non payer | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Non payer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi need a bit of advice.

Quoted to do some works within a kitchen. I did a day, then I had a sub contractor finish it for me.

I'm domestic installer. I effectively 'designed' the works done and half did the 'construction' whilst first fixing.

My sub contractor 'tested' the works at the end and filled certificate...I then signed all three signatories but as a collective one signature.

This client was appalled I had used a sub contractor, rang the NICEIC and they have written saying that I can't use one.
This is news to me, as I sub all the time to even bigger companies.

Well, this has gone to court and he has used the two emails sent to him by the NICEIC stating I'm breaching protocol.

Am I missing something or can somebody enlighten me????!!!!

You have little chance of getting that money .
since when did the electrical police stop you from using subbies then?
the guy is a --- who has got one over you with the help of the niceic.
as pointed out earlier it makes a mockery of their whole qs scheme where one guy can sign the work off for 50 men but you can't get someone to finish a job off for you.

Ill reluctantly say, i quoted £600. Hes paid £450

His reasons for not paying are he shouldnt have to pay for an illegally used subby
We left the place in a dangerous state, however it was himself who didnt allow us in for a whole month until told to.
Oh and hes saying ive been aggressive and abusive as in one email i told him to 'grow a pair and p*** off'.

Calmly and politely ask him to cite which law he is accusing you of breaking when he says you have used a subby illegally.

What exactly is the dangerous state you are supposed to have left the place in?

Ok, so i am domestic installer.

I did a days work and had my subby do the last two days.

My subby made a couple of mistakes by forgetting to put a cover plate back on...mistakes happen. After asking the clie t if he was happy with work which he wasnt and explained why, i said immediately i would come round and put right anything which wasnt.

Instead he didnt and went straight to the niceic and after a month of asking him to let me in, the niceic told him he had to in order for myself to issue certificate and finalise work. During this process he wrote to the nic and they told him i cant use a subby.

I had the certificate my subby had filled in with me but to put the client mind at ease i said that i would carry out test again to prove my subby tested out ok, which they did. I then signed if front of him once job was complete.
Erm?
By forgetting to put back on I hope you mean screw to the wall (the thought of live cables hanging out is in my mind atm!).
Either way he's left exposed live connections, on an EICR its a C1. Not sure how he's managed to do that in a domestic kitchen either. Mistakes may happen, but that's the type of mistake that can kill!

You have little chance of getting that money .
since when did the electrical police stop you from using subbies then?
the guy is a --- who has got one over you with the help of the niceic.
as pointed out earlier it makes a mockery of their whole qs scheme where one guy can sign the work off for 50 men but you can't get someone to finish a job off for you.

As stated in #24 the QS is not signing off the job.

so, you've been knocked for £150, but received £450 of the £600 quote? tempest in a pi$$ pot. take it on the chin and move on. some of us have lost far more.

The front plate of a grid switch. But the same day when leaving the place he told me and i said id be there immediately to rectify. Except that he didnt and left it like that for a whole month. I even rang the nic and told them that he wont let me in to do it. So id say hes the dangerous one after repeated requests for entry

Ok...take it on the chin, and tell NIC to bugger off when its time for renewal as they've not exactly helped you, we don't have part P DI schemes here, but afaik switch to Stroma. Its a lot cheaper and you'll probably get the £150 back in the first year with them in difference in costs!

Ok...take it on the chin, and tell NIC to bugger off when its time for renewal as they've not exactly helped you, we don't have part P DI schemes here, but afaik switch to Stroma. Its a lot cheaper and you'll probably get the £150 back in the first year with them in difference in costs!

Do this OP ^^^^, NIC lose one and you get your £150. Perfect. Love that!!

If the rogue customer has an external meter cabinet, do not be tempted to go and pull the cut out fuse and leave him without power.... It's just not cricket and is not satisfying to do at all....

For the sake of a ton or so I would put it down to experience mate. You get the odd one now and again. I have had two non payers in last 10 years. Both of them have been 70+yr old men going through divorces, and 'at war' with their exs solicitors. Make of that what you will!

Take it on the chin and move on
[ElectriciansForums.net] Non payer

I must be a very different person to most commenting in this thread
If I had carried out works to a good standard at an agreed price and was then screwed by an unscrupulous customer,as a matter of principle I would get satisfaction one way or another

It has never happened to me but just contemplating an event reading this thread has me conjuring up actions both legal and otherwise

No way in the world would I allow it to happen to me
If I owe a debt,its paid,if someone owes me,its paid

Take it on the chin and move on
[ElectriciansForums.net] Non payer

I must be a very different person to most commenting in this thread
If I had carried out works to a good standard at an agreed price and was then screwed by an unscrupulous customer,as a matter of principle I would get satisfaction one way or another

It has never happened to me but just contemplating an event reading this thread has me conjuring up actions both legal and otherwise

No way in the world would I allow it to happen to me
If I owe a debt,its paid,if someone owes me,its paid

lol...

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Non payer
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 156

Reply to Non payer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net