old rewireables.. | Page 5 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss old rewireables.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that I can carry out a eicr on an old rewireable fuseboard? No install so technically I don't need RCD protection on anything...? I'd prefer to change it to a 17th edition board but customer wants to keep costs at an all time low.
Any thoughts welcome.
Chris

you seem obsessed with the death of someone because their installation lacks a device that wasnt even in common use till the 90's , yet electrical fatalities in the home prior to this were still in small numbers.
in other words youre scaremongering without proper facts.

go ahead and issue C2's , thereby failing , every domestic install you come across that hasnt got rcd protection to virtually all groundfloor sockets......

which completely removes the leeway for each individual inspector to use his own discretion in deciding what is overall still fit for continued use.
You are so right, but you have missed the point. and its not scare mongering, far from it. but a good honest discusion with the ocupier of the installation will help you, cars from 20 years ago didnt need seat belts, but now it costs you 3 points and a £60 fine. are the police wrong?

You are so right, but you have missed the point. and its not scare mongering, far from it. but a good honest discusion with the ocupier of the installation will help you, cars from 20 years ago didnt need seat belts, but now it costs you 3 points and a £60 fine. are the police wrong?

Neither do they need them fitted. So the fine only stands if they are fitted.

did one today. had a look at selects guidance notes on inspections.
C3 for non rcd protected sockets.
thats their take on it anyway.
the problem with inspections is that the unexperienced are going in to do these jobs with no clue what is dangerous and what is not.
we did have electricity before the 17th you know.
When i do them if its rewirable and the bonding and the disconnection times are fine its a c3 with a recommend to change board.
if the disconnection times are pants c2 but usually that means there is other stuff going on and its unsatisfactory anyway.

did one today. had a look at selects guidance notes on inspections.
C3 for non rcd protected sockets.
thats their take on it anyway.
the problem with inspections is that the unexperienced are going in to do these jobs with no clue what is dangerous and what is not.
we did have electricity before the 17th you know.
When i do them if its rewirable and the bonding and the disconnection times are fine its a c3 with a recommend to change board.
if the disconnection times are pants c2 but usually that means there is other stuff going on and its unsatisfactory anyway.
thats wasted on some in here....

Reply to old rewireables.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net