One to confuse you all!! | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss One to confuse you all!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

axel132132

Right then this has now happened to me twice.. and ive not a clue whats going on so if anyone has had the same issue it would be good to see what causing it.

Anyways SO i have a 2G2W light switch upstairs and a 2G2W light switch downstairs.. I Wire them both correct.. Up have Brown from 3-core in Common, then black in L1 and grey in L2 and Live in in L1 and Live out in L2.. that controls the lights on the stairs..

Then i do exactly the same with the upstairs lights. Feed in, feed out L1 + L2 etc.. ok all simple so far..

NOW COMES THE CONFUSING BIT..

The stair lights are working fine on the 2-way wikid..
The LED spotlights in the celing dont work.. OK

SO i swap the cables, basically swapping the switch.. NOW the LED spotlights work on the 2-way but the stair lights dont..

OK so maybe the switch is broke.. Change the switch (TWICE still dosent work)..

Umm maybe i have a strapper down or something.. Bell out the strappers.. BELL OUT FINE.. ok now WHAT the hell is going on here??????? Switch is fine, strappers fine and if i move the strappers from one switch to the other it works so this proves that the Live IN to switch and the Live to the light works an that all the lamps are working..

any ideas anyone?

cheers

Im not supplying the gear, and the guy in charge is a D!CK so when i do these jobs i make sure i have nothing on the van cable/switch wise as if hes about and something goes wrong with standard switches or he wants extra socket in.. He will be like OH mate just grab cable out of back of your van and wire that socket for us will u please.. I do it and dont get paid for it so make sure i dont carry nothing on me :)

As your website was just created on the 15/10/2012 i thought you might need to know that you forgot to put on your new website which form of registration you hold ie niceic approved or domestic installer or both or even elecsa /napit etc,cant see any reference to any so you wouldnt want to pay all that money to a web design expert who has forgotten would you.

Omg none of you can say you never do it jesus

So your telling me you want me to now ring the guy and say, Hi mate well because some ''Ultra Perfect Electricians'' tell me i cannot turn on before testing then im sorry mate but if something dosent work (For example now my 2-way light switch) your going to have to pay me another FULL DAY after your testing man has been.

Cheers mate

JESUS get a life..

You telling me you have never SPEED-ED BEFORE? you cant have passed your test then can you?

Sometimes in life you have to do stuff thats not 100% to the book if we all did everything by the book how long would it take to do things in life...?

As your website was just created on the 15/10/2012 i thought you might need to know that you forgot to put on your new website which form of registration you hold ie niceic approved or domestic installer or both or even elecsa /napit etc,cant see any reference to any so you wouldnt want to pay all that money to a web design expert who has forgotten would you.
ummmmm

Didnt pay no money i made it

glad you thought it was so professional that a web design team had made it NICE ;)

Reply to One to confuse you all!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net