Pretty sure my cps assessor was wrong | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Pretty sure my cps assessor was wrong in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AndyL

-
Arms
Reaction score
So I had my yearly assessment today with my friendly local engineer. He was fair enough but there was 2 points he pulled me on that have niggled me because I am sure I was right.
Would like some other opinions please.

Firstly a 60 Amp TN-S supply to a domestic property. ... what is the minimum size tails?
Secondly do you guys tick the double insulated box in S.O.I because of the meter tails?

I'll let you know who was in each corner after a few replies so as not to sway your decision ( as if it could)

He actually said it had to be 25mm because the cuu main switch is rated at 100A.

I did a CU replacement a while back. On of the CU's was for the off peak heating & hot water, it had a 100amp main switch. The off peak meter (Ec 10) had two out puts, and the one for the hot water, would only accept a 10mm cable.

Lol.
Insulated and sheathed tails are deemed as being double insulated.
T&E is not, because the Earth conductor is uninsulated.
ADS is the usual method of protection, as long as the installation is not TT and/or the length of the tails is less than 3m.
10mm2 conductors would generally be adequate for 60A.

Reply to Pretty sure my cps assessor was wrong in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back