Currently reading:
Proteus Amend 3 Consumer unit

Discuss Proteus Amend 3 Consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

Well thought as CEF are forum sponsors i'd do a review of the proteus consumer units,The boards look neat ,internal wiring very tidy lack of cable entries at the top especially for the larger boards , i have installed an 18 way 8x8x2 hi integrety , did make me laugh when the lables supplied only go to 16 and a self adhesive circuit identifiation sheet going up to 12 ways , mm little more thought there i think , right the nitty gritty , the screw as in most boards are very poor quality wont torque very easily and are very soft , when will board screws be torx or square head that wont slip , the neutral and earth bars a nicly located but require an additional support in the middle, the main switches all end up out of line never verticle for some reason and you cant straighten them which makes all the mcb's lean , one of mymain issues is the whacking great cut out on the back 2 cut outs and the whole back is almost gone so if your cables are comming throught the back then you end up with a huge hole , not going to hold back a fire that , the lid fixings are poor with the MCB's not lining up very well the cover fixing screws tend to push the captive nut out , due to the fixings of the cover the lid door drops putting a strain on the screws taking the weight of the door into consideration the cover should have 4 screws, IP rating , we have had lots of points regarding the IP rating of boards , im not sure how this board passes when the covers on you can push a piece of 2.5mm wire throught the gap between the mcb and the RCD there are the same sort of gap at the top where the cover and board meet so not very good , I have installed a few now , not sure about them , have had 2 fall apart top and bottoms fall off , and the proteus customer service is diabolicle

Rating out of 10 i would give them a 6 , customer service 2 , will i use one again 3

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Proteus Amend 3 Consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock