Pulling conduit | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pulling conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

How do you guys pull your cables through conduit. What have you found the best method.

If you use powdered chalk that's sold for the old fashioned chalk line it comes in a plastic bottle with a little pointy spout so you can squirt it into the conduit as the cable or wires get pulled in.

View attachment 11569

What's old fashioned about a chalk line Marvo. Good for outside jobs and the rain washes it off too (at least around our way).

That sounds like it's asking for trouble - presumably monkey spunk has no nutritional value, whereas I bet the mice love a lard-coated cable. It probably doesn't help prevent the spread of fire either.

there was a lot of things that company did that wasn,t right,same job customer(LA)specd 1000mtr drums of singles so no joints needed when kit arrived guess what?100mtr drums and large bags of through crimps,crimps everywhere in trunking unbelievable how they got away with it,heard later that a whole row of lights in ceiling collapsed about 12 months later conduits and eveything fell down had some right cowboys on that job,glad the bits I worked on were ok,at least I could sleep nights.But then again they couldnt mess about with pyro thank god.

Speaking of old fashioned stuff, has anyone ever used a water level?
Roman technology but flippin good. No it isn't an April fool by the way
Yep..used to do suspended ceilings, years ago, before loads jumped on the bandwagon. Fill a plastic tube and mark each corner of the room, basically. Lasers were for films then!!!lol!

im really old school,i use my eyes..tho has anyone noticed even when you use a laser or a level it still looks pisd compared to anything else thats been previously installed,thats when i use the good old fashioned eye to make good.:stuart:

im really old school,i use my eyes..tho has anyone noticed even when you use a laser or a level it still looks pisd compared to anything else thats been previously installed,thats when i use the good old fashioned eye to make good.:stuart:
'Rack o'th'eye' we call it.:detective:

That's called "Nigh enough for the pit" where I came from mate

i am replacing a 6mm cable for a 10mm cable this week through an old system of conduit which im assuming is a 25mm diameter but in case it is full up would it be easier to run single core's in instead i'm wondering. which if ive aready bought the twin and earth i can splice the doubled insulation off remove it and use the 3 single insulated if it is already mechanically protected surely?

i am replacing a 6mm cable for a 10mm cable this week through an old system of conduit which im assuming is a 25mm diameter but in case it is full up would it be easier to run single core's in instead i'm wondering. which if ive aready bought the twin and earth i can splice the doubled insulation off remove it and use the 3 single insulated if it is already mechanically protected surely?

The way that is written it sounds like you are expecting your T+E CPC to be insulated under the sheathing.

Ok that will be the only bare conductor i will need. and i will need to take that into account when i puchase one single core 10mm cpc. but then i might just get to keep the bare copper for scrap ££ lol.

It is better to decide how i am going to do it first you're right!.

double or single insulated.? - hopefully the former is the one!

Reply to Pulling conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net