Pulling conduit | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Pulling conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

How do you guys pull your cables through conduit. What have you found the best method.

You only need single insulation cable in conduit!! Tails are not actually classed as double insulated, they are sheathed and insulated cables...

Where they leave the conduit into free air, such as at the meter etc, they can have a heat shrink cover to protect the insulation. Depending on the conduit size, route and amount of 90deg bends, you may or may not have trouble pulling in the 3 x 10mm cable...

what I mean is it is a 10mm2 twin and earth flat cable. which is a bit of a lumpy cable as you know.

The existing cable that i am replacing is a 6mm twin and earth flat cable. would this be a struggle to feed through. any tips would be appreciated!

I would imagine pulling a 10mm t&e through conduit would not be much fun especially if there are other cables already in the tube and/or if there are a lot of bends to pull round. Even with inspection boxes you will struggle with t&e in my opinion. Unless it is a straight run I would definitely use singles. Cant you take the t&e back?

Just a variation on the water level thing a mate of a mate was a beer dispense installer and had an install to do on a ferry used a spirit level and mounted some kit on the wall went to the van for more kit and came back to the "cellar" to find the kit he had mounted wasn't level so took it off the wall and fitted it again having struck more levels turns out he did this a few times before the penny dropped that the trim of the boat was constantly changing due to stores being loaded

I would imagine pulling a 10mm t&e through conduit would not be much fun especially if there are other cables already in the tube and/or if there are a lot of bends to pull round. Even with inspection boxes you will struggle with t&e in my opinion. Unless it is a straight run I would definitely use singles. Cant you take the t&e back?

Cheers Andy your a mind reader I was thinking this today. I am going to buy the singles and a length of single 2.5mm2 cpc. I havent bought the T&E yet luckily! Although i supposed it wouldnt do no harm stripping the outer sheath of to use the singles inside if i had of bought it.

Cheers Andy your a mind reader I was thinking this today. I am going to buy the singles and a length of single 2.5mm2 cpc. I havent bought the T&E yet luckily! Although i supposed it wouldnt do no harm stripping the outer sheath of to use the singles inside if i had of bought it.

That CPC is a bit near the bone, have you checked if it will be man enough

I'm going for it tomorrow. As i am nearly through my level 3 2330 this is my first install I have taken on I just needed to get the important variables right but the rest I suppose is trial and error. 4mm is ok then thanks Delboy! (I'm almost tempted to do it in trunking) but this is the right way!

What is the cost difference on using 4mm over a 2.5mm CPC for 3 or 4 metres?? Peanuts i would think, so forget about adiabatic equations and use a 4mm CPC for those 10mm cables and be able to walk away in confidence at the end of the day!!! lol!!!

Reply to Pulling conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net