Telephone slave extension help needed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Telephone slave extension help needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ronbrown

Hi all. I'm currently trying to add a socket in an upstairs room from the master socket. At the master socket there is a 4 core cable where Orange goes to A and White goes to B and green and orange are cut back. At the slave there are 6 junctions with a 4 core cable with orange, white, blue and green. I've tried every possible connection of the colours in junction 2-5 but nothing works. On a couple of them the phone will ring continuously but none have the dial tone. Any help would be much appreciated

this is the situation at the master.
And this is the situation at the slave. I did what was suggested and the phone just continously rang again but with no dial tone. [ElectriciansForums.net] Telephone slave extension help needed[ElectriciansForums.net] Telephone slave extension help needed

ive tried taking out 3 and it still didnt work. I forgot to mention that the cable at the slave is from an extension lead coming from the master. I have cut this hoping to put it in the new socket rather than having the extension laying around, would this change what needs to be done?[ElectriciansForums.net] Telephone slave extension help needed[ElectriciansForums.net] Telephone slave extension help needed

Wow you seem to have a lot of extensions there. I am afraid the way you have done it is not going to work. If you are going to run a slave socket from a master the connections have to be done at the back of the sockets in the previously mentioned terminals 2 & 5. Also the extension cable you have used I image is stranded rather than solid core which is not ideal for punch down terminals. Hope this helps.

Reply to Telephone slave extension help needed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back