Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Discuss Certification Schemes.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
T
I want to get competent within BS5266 (I think!) i.e. fire alarms and emergency lighting. I am thinking of doing the Napit course. Any opinions on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am planing to join Domestic Installer with NICEIC. And I am thinking to demonstrate my own home for assessment. I will change...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some advise please. Ive applied for NICEIC registration and I’m awaiting my assessment, my problem is that I’ve been advise by...
Replies
Views
Hi, new member here and homeowner. I asked for an Electrical certificate to be produced when I purchased my home in Sept 2020. One was produced...
Replies
Views
Filling out the schedule of circuits when using a Split DB 5/5. The main switch details are noted in Part 8. Do you the enter the Rcd details in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys These pics were taken because of a electrical fire. 8 flats on one phase Cowboy electrical guys caused this What do you think should...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i was thinking about joining a scheme to be able to sign off my own work and be able to take on more work. I've been working for a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm looking at doing a course to become a DI but I don't want to just be doing residential maintenance forever, i'd like to work on site...
Replies
Views
Carried out a db replacement and obliviousy tested house, sockets off lights down etc a proper test. Issued a Eic but estate agent want a eicr...
Replies
Views
Trying to fill out my ECS gold card application online with their website app, it tells me I need to be endorsed? I do work for a jib member...
Replies
Views
For those of you have been assessed recently, (it's Feb 21 right now) for the first time. How long did it take NICEIC to confirm acceptance/pass...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm not sure if I'm posting this is the right place as I don't use this website often. I'm looking to join the NIC Domestic scheme using...
Replies
Views
Can anyone give me an idea why they think its a great idea to charge an additional £330+Vat to be put on their PRS scheme? also no mention of a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. An electrician produced a certificate without doing an inspection am I able to report it to anyone and what action would be taken thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am looking for some advice. I am looking to become certified to install consumption measuring devices in small businesses. I have many...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone My Napit assessment is approaching and it would be nice to get some feedback for my planned work on my of my friends workshop. There...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in the process of going through the CPS Assessment and currently at the Office/ Site Assessment, but I'm being asked for Insurance Backed...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have my 2391 qualification, but I don’t have my 18th edition. My employer is trying to get me to sign the cert. Can I still sign off a...
Replies
Views
I decided to join Napit and my first assessment was end of October. Everything was in order but not heard anything since and status on my login...
Replies
Views
I have just booked my first NICEIC assessment for the domestic installer scheme. On the telephone I was told that I needed to have an additional...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Is it true we can now no longer carry out EICR's under the scheme? I went to reorder some Elecsa branded certs, and after i couldn't...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone know what the current waiting time is to get a napit 1st assessment? I've been waiting ages now. Emailed them and they just said...
Replies
Views
I am a new buisness,I have my full testing and inspection certs all my electrical certs .what do I need to do now so I can issue certification legally
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone have any ideas of work I could do I my own home for a 1st assessment. Struggling to think of anything that need doing...
Replies
Views
Am I right in thinking that when filling in an installation test sheet for a sub board that is fed from an mcb in another its that mcb rating i...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. Napit sent me an email with requirements for my first assessment via zoom. Does anyone have any idea what they can ask me for 2 hours...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've got all my qualifications and want to do more work for myself. The only work I've got to show for assessment on the cps scheme is work...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I've got my NIC Domestic Installer assessment coming up in a few weeks and am a little concerned about it. I signed up over the phone...
Replies
Views
PLEASE HELP WE ARE AT RISK OF FURE OR SHOCK THIS IS A CODE 1,I’m disabled got no electricity in flat landlord cut it off since November 2019 to...
Replies
Views
HI so I have been asked to do the electrics for a loft conversion in a bungalow, it is minimal work 2 sockets a light and a smoke all of which...
Replies
Views
S
Hi. I'm newly qualified as a domestic installer so well aware I've got a lot to learn about the real world but... I looked over a friends...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've recently moved from paper certification to online. All works ok with my laptop but can't seem to click on options with the iPad! Any...
Replies
Views
Hey guys... Just about to sign up to a new scheme ... And was wandering who to go with ... NICEIC being the favourite for many reasons but also...
Replies
Views
Hi there. As I understand NAPIT approved contractors automatically are able to carry out PAT testing with there yearly subscription. Do NICEIC...
Replies
Views
hi all got a block of flats to test ,am using easycert .90% of the information on the certs will be the same except for results etc is there a...
Replies
Views
Just thought id let people know i've just completed my NICEIC assessment via Skype, because of the virus. Was fairly straight forward, he...
Replies
Views
Hi All I just have my Kitchen done with new sockets, lights etc and they have provided a certificate with only the hob and cooker and it says its...
Replies
Views
Hey folks. My assessment is at the end of the month. Going to show the assessor my own CU upgrade at my home (which will be completed before he...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm a qualified marine electrician, served my apprenticeship through the shipyards. I achieved an HNC in Electrical Engineering with a...
Replies
Views
I've bought all the power and hand tools, and am planning to start up on my own doing small electrical jobs for people as a sole trader with small...
Replies
Views
Hi lads, Im new to the forum but have a question I think i already know the answer to. Ive been a qualified electrician for 10 years now, work...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I received this message from NARIC Thank you for your application for a Statement of Comparability. We note from your application...
Replies
Views
I know this question has been asked in the past but not for some time so I'm looking for the cheapest in 2020? Stroma where by far the cheapest...
Replies
Views
hi all, is anyone out there niceic DI only but uses the logo without the "domestic installer" written underneath. I would like to register to...
Replies
Views
I have been offered a qualifying supervisor role for a large uk company and I want to know is what the rate is in different areas England(north &...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have my nic-eic assessment Thursday I think I’m all prepared but just wondering from your past experiences what I could expect. It’s...
Replies
Views
HI - I am currently registered with the NIC EIC - Domestic installer, which also includes the Part P certification. I am muling over the idea of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am planing to join Competent Person Scheme through any provider. I checked NICEIC requirements, it says “In order to demonstrate...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I saw Today in the `Installer` online Magazine [used to be CORGI`s Gas Installer Magazine] that the NICEIC are going to offer a...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock