Questions and electrical advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum - Discuss Certification Schemes.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
Hi dear friends, Firstly sorry my english skill if it's bad:) I've a special condition and need some more information. I've a company in my...
Replies
Views
Why can’t I find the NICEIC online certification APP on my APP store anymore? Has it been taken over by the Clik APP now? I can’t find any info on...
Replies
Views
Hi. Had my stroma assessment a couple weeks ago and all went well except I had forgotten to arrange a health and safety policy, and complaints...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm trying to apply for an Electrical Labourer's card using my Level 3 2365 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures) certificate from...
Replies
Views
Napit or Stroma? Completed 18th edition, 2365 level 2 and 3 Pat testing four years later on. Shadowed electrician worked on commercial and...
Replies
Views
Anyone successfully work mainly for agents with part p with stoma or the like or are they all still stuck in the nic past? Only asking as I've...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had an assessment yesterday and failed :(. The reason I failed was there were ring circuits that had mcb's and not rcbos. the...
Replies
Views
I've got my annual Stroma assessment next week and the job I am taking them to is a board change. I have not fitted an SPD as by my calculations...
Replies
Views
O
So this just dropped into my inbox: "Many thanks for your email last week on the issues facing our industry. I am pleased to say we had a...
Replies
Views
The benefits of using an OFTEC registered 'competent person' One way to avoid these problems is to have your heating equipment installed by an...
Replies
Views
This is a copy of an email that I sent today to Elecsa regarding their involvement with the now online Electrical Safety Register. Please have a...
Replies
Views
ELECSA Certification Scheme Discussion, Advice, Tips, Criticism - From and by Electricians in the UK This area of the forum isn't for flaming. Or...
Replies
Views
BESCA Competent Person Scheme Discussion, Advice, Tips, Criticism - From and by Electricians in the UK This area of the forum isn't for flaming...
Replies
Views
JIB Certification Scheme Discussion, Advice, Tips, Criticism - From and by Electricians in the UK This area of the forum isn't for flaming. Or...
Replies
Views
hi guys i spoke to nappit recently after reading their codebreakers book,it said code 2 for all cables which are buried in the wall less than 50mm...
Replies
Views
Are the rumors true? If it is, I can only see that as being a bit of a blow to Stroma registered......
Replies
Views
Hi, anyone else having trouble logging into the nic certificate site. It's been giving me a cannot connect timed out error since about 11 this...
Replies
Views
Hi people. I’ve got my first niceic inspection in a few weeks. Any advice on what to expect? What type of installations to show them? Any tips to...
Replies
Views
Currently a 3 month waiting time for new applications....
Replies
Views
I was going to go off on one but what's the use so sod them let them have their bank holiday week end and sort it on Tuesday poor things must be...
Replies
Views
Advice gladly accepted. So I’ve spent well over £1000 and loads and loads of time studying for the City and Guilds 2391 exam with the NICEIC. Did...
Replies
Views
The below video is quite funny and makes the regulation by private companies quite funny... but slightly worrying.
Replies
Views
Anyone else had a delay joining Stroma. 5 weeks since my assessment ( passed) and nothing back from Stroma. On contacting them I get fobbed off...
Replies
Views
Hi I have my first annual assessment next week. I have yet to do my 18th but have the reg book. Is there anything new since last year as to what...
Replies
Views
Did half an EICR this morning, finishing it off tomorrow night. I tried Napit Mobile for the first time. What an annoying counterintuitive process...
Replies
Views
S
I am having problems with the new software and wondered if perhaps a wiser head than mine can help me work around the problem Basically the new...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Got my initial Stroma assessment coming up in a week or so. I’m guessing I’ll be verifying chosen circuits with dead & live tests...
Replies
Views
I use my own MEIWC that I based on the NICEIC's version below: Can someone confirm if the NICEIC are using the same certificate or if it has...
Replies
Views
Anybody else getting emails constantly updating them with the now not so new news that the NICEIC online certification site is still not working...
Replies
Views
Has anyone considered moving to Stroma, or have you already done so. I've had an email from NICEIC saying that they increased their prices...
Replies
Views
Toneyz
T
Hi folks, I am trying to decide on the best 18th cert software package. I would like something that has a bit more uumpph than the standard...
Replies
Views
I know they were updating stuff over this weekend, but was expecting to be able to create new 18th Edition certificates via the (free) app which...
Replies
Views
salutations, wondering whats the difference between using the NICEIC app vs NICEIC online through a browser? Kind Regards e
Replies
Views
Has anyone done the NICEIC online 18th full course I have to say I would have expected something a bit more, well more really its like steak pie...
Replies
Views
Had an electrician completed re-wire on my property but sent me a scanned copy of EIC. I was hoping I would receive a digital one via E-Cert with...
Replies
Views
Just completed my first 18th edition certificate online Took me about an hour to work my way through the new overly complicated forms Lo and...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
So having spent the last three or four days adding quick find tabs to my new 18th edition book and highlighting relevant passages it was taken off...
Replies
Views
Had my annual visit today, passed so all good. Discussed when exactly i was meant to have the 18th edition, he said that actually i didnt need to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Newbie from the West Midlands, just starting out in the electrickery world (certainly not in life... change of direction) and have my...
Replies
Views
confused by statement by NICEIC that this ok? Electrician compliant as circuit not energised. Can anyone tell me how NICEIC can make statement...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have recently just because an NICEIC registered contractor, I’ve been using the amtech (or Trimble fast test, as it’s now know ) for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some advice which course I should sign up for? I want to sign up with Napit as EICR qualified electrician. I want to eventually be...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone has recently done the stroma assessment for CPS scheme. Im doing it on a consumer unit changed in my house. What exactly...
Replies
Views
I'm used to the IET on-site guide but as I prepare to splash out on the latest edition i see the NICEIC site guides also being pushed. Anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone got my 1st assessment coming up with Stroma / a governing body just wondered if anyone had any tips with regards the whole process as...
Replies
Views
Just come across this video on you tube on thomas nagy's feed, we often get people asking about joining a scheme - usually competent persons...
Replies
Views
Has anyone done the Niceic online full course ? Was just wondering if it’s any good or if the classroom setting it better ? Thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Any one doing the online course as above I need to as I never did the update to the 3rd ammendment and it seems that isn't uncommon but they have...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock