63 Amp Isolator | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 63 Amp Isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm running a 63A supply for a cooker and need to have a local isolator.
Apart from having a 63A main switch in a small enclosure, is there any thing else I could use which is discreet to put in the back of a cupboard.

Thanks

No idea what reg no. it is but it does say something about being able to secure the circuit so that it cannot be turned on, which isn't a mcb. IMO

Nonsense man! £1000 heading your way if you can find a reg that would prevent you from running directly from OCPD to cooker.

P.S. An MCB is a perfectly acceptable means of switching off.

Reply to 63 Amp Isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I would hope this temporary CU has an incomer switch, in which case label the socket so anyone lacking electrical skill is told to switch off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it's buried ducting, have you thought about digging up a section of the buried cable close by, cutting it and pulling in a few extra meters...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
In my first sparking era (late 90's) I was always told to run a neutral to the isolator, as the chances are whoever is using the machine will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/mk-k1257whi-logic-plus-1gang-13amp-non-standard-dp-switch-socket?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7POp_pHFhgMVk5J...
Replies
Views
  • Question
even allowing for diversity this sounds a bit tight for a 100 amp supply, can you tell us what the existing circuits actually have connected to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks