Installing ceiling lights but there is no earth | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Installing ceiling lights but there is no earth in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

check my posted pictures.I think it's impossible to reach without significant damage.

Unfortunate indeed. The people doing the soundproofing work should have known not to hide electrical connections. I'd advise your landlord to get them back and put things right.

Your points are all valid,however dealing with this is something landlord should worry about.and it's written in my lease.my concern is simply replacing that basic pendant with some spotlight bars. and finding a double insulated one that can be fitted with just 2 wires with no need for an earth connection.

Your points are all valid,however dealing with this is something landlord should worry about.and it's written in my lease.my concern is simply replacing that basic pendant with some spotlight bars. and finding a double insulated one that can be fitted with just 2 wires with no need for an earth connection.

The landlord needs to resolve this before any light fittings are changed.

then it's simply not worth the hassle, in the middle of a pandemic.
maybe I should just look for a nice shade to hang around the same pendant and forget about spotlights!

I'd tend to agree I think.

what do you mean?
I'm saying at this point,there is no point in bringing an electrician to provide me a note that certain type of fitting shouldn't be installed.
no but a good electrician would find that rose in 5 minutes with a trusty hammer.

Reply to Installing ceiling lights but there is no earth in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net