Taking the mick | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They're not even a "proper" Security company no Nacoss or SSAIB registration!

With "generic clients" the NHS (a bit vague, how many NHS trusts are there, we have about five different ones in this town alone!), Post office (who Romec have the contract), Nisa (that's a franchise)

They claim they are NSI (NACOSS)

Checked the NICEIC, NSI and SIA sites and this company are not on their approved lists

The give away to how dodgy this company is is they are the only company recommended by the Police Federation heard this one a number of times and spoke with the Police and the Police Federation on a few occasions who distanced themselves from the claim and said under no circumstances would they recommend any one company

We have a term in Scotland where we call a company a 'pie and beans mob' this generally means a horrible little company that gives it's sparks nothing but expects super human efforts from then.
But there is larger companies just as bad these days.

The job centre lets anyone place an advert with out really checking it.

We recently placed one, from registration to being live 3 minutes, doesn't appear to gone through any checks!

They do now and again as when my manager put an advert in for an electrician for testing and inspection it was stipulated in the advert he sent in that the applicant had to have 2391, when we saw the advert online it was noting like what had been asked for so we got every idiot applying for it . When he contacted the job centre he was told he could not stipulate qualifications required even though it was essential to the position as the clients electrical said that any contractor carrying out testing had to have 2391. needless to say last time he used the job centre.

I just Rang the OP company ..... offering advice from a business mans point of view... Apparently they had loads of ppl calling having a go at them, he's expressed their are other incentives involved like bonuses for completing a job but the bonus he suggested dosn't hold ground as he spec'd a rewire in 5 days would earn you £500 bonus if completed ....so at that weekly rate he would be paying about £17ph<br><br>As they are a new business they can't afford to pay more than £6.20ph so he full of contradiction i expressed they should advertise the bonus but he refuted this saying you just get money hungary ppl... i said you may get some but you also get competent qualified Electricians and its up to you to vet whos who. I wished him luck anyway and thanked him for cheering my morning up with a good laugh!

Well if you thought the trade could not get any lower and not that the Schemies will take responsability and there will always some clown who will take it just for the experience.

Said this 2 years ago you would be better getting a £6.50p an hour job with Tesco's where you get a uniform ,shares,staff discount and you dont have to sign for your work

Reply to Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net