Taking the mick | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you all for replying to the forum about the job posted by TOP Protection.
1.The job was posted 2 days ago and has already received 30 applications, with about 17 extremely suitable for the job. We only say we give £6.20 so we don’t invite money hungry employees. Employees of TOP Protection get extremely good bonuses and have a company van with unlimited millage (without a tracker).
To put into perspective of how much we pay our employees:
·£500 for a full rewire of a 3 bedroom house,
·£600 for a full rewire of a 4 bedroom house
Providing the work is completed in a week. We may get one rewire a month or even 3. We're a small company we don't have million pound contracts in place sadly believe it or not.
2.We are not Cowboy Company like many of you seem to think. We have extremely good references and yet have only been trading for a year.
Here’s a quick business lesson for some who don’t seem to grasp the idea of running a company:
Turnover – Costs (Wages, Vans, Rates, VAT, Tax) = Profit
Now if your turnover is less than your costs, you make a loss. Most of the big companies and the companies that you probably work for may have found themselves in this predicament. This is why they making so many workers redundant.
3.We are creating an opportunity. We would love to be enlightened of what many of you are doing for the local community. Are you offering jobs when thousands need them? Are you creating a suitable and safe workplace for your employees? Are you attempting to get some people off claiming benefits and job seeker’s allowance? TOP Protection cares a great deal for the local community and this is why we are extremely proud of the service we provide as well as the job opportunities. With all due respect, we think it is a lot better if a person is working and paying tax.
4.Racism and stereotyping is something we do not tolerate at TOP Protection. Indirectly hinting the nationality of employees and making a mockery of this sensitive subject is rather petty. The nationality and race of the employees of a company is irrelevant. Our company follows all the laws and we pay taxes. I suggest that those who feel the need to mock race, re-evaluate their behavior. It is not only pathetic but also disgraceful.
5.Nowhere in the advertisement for the job does TOP Protection state it is compulsory for you to apply for the job. Everyone is entitled to the freedom to apply.
6.We suggest that those who are mocking TOP Protection open a business and pay £15 p/h to all their employees and see how long their business even lasts. We are a local company who wish to perform an outstanding service to our community at reasonable and affordable prices. The gossiping on forums is what may be keeping many people from even getting a job, let alone running a company.
7. Terry1969 I was thinking the same thing.
Finally, we would like to give you our personal business number *removed*. Please feel free to contact us directly of any inquires you may have rather than hiding behind the screen.

We wish you all the very best of luck in getting a job.
TOP Protection

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you all for replying to the forum about the job posted by TOP Protection.
1.The job was posted 2 days ago and has already received 30 applications, with about 17 extremely suitable for the job. We only say we give £6.20 so we don’t invite money hungry employees. Employees of TOP Protection get extremely good bonuses and have a company van with unlimited millage (without a tracker).
Providing the work is completed in a week. We may get one rewire a month or even 3. We're a small company we don't have million pound contracts in place sadly believe it or not.
2.We are not Cowboy Company like many of you seem to think. We have extremely good references and yet have only been trading for a year.
Here’s a quick business lesson for some who don’t seem to grasp the idea of running a company:
Now if your turnover is less than your costs, you make a loss. Most of the big companies and the companies that you probably work for may have found themselves in this predicament. This is why they making so many workers redundant.
3.We are creating an opportunity. We would love to be enlightened of what many of you are doing for the local community. Are you offering jobs when thousands need them? Are you creating a suitable and safe workplace for your employees? Are you attempting to get some people off claiming benefits and job seeker’s allowance? TOP Protection cares a great deal for the local community and this is why we are extremely proud of the service we provide as well as the job opportunities. With all due respect, we think it is a lot better if a person is working and paying tax.
4.Racism and stereotyping is something we do not tolerate at TOP Protection. Indirectly hinting the nationality of employees and making a mockery of this sensitive subject is rather petty. The nationality and race of the employees of a company is irrelevant. Our company follows all the laws and we pay taxes. I suggest that those who feel the need to mock race, re-evaluate their behavior. It is not only pathetic but also disgraceful.
5.Nowhere in the advertisement for the job does TOP Protection state it is compulsory for you to apply for the job. Everyone is entitled to the freedom to apply.
6.We suggest that those who are mocking TOP Protection open a business and pay £15 p/h to all their employees and see how long their business even lasts. We are a local company who wish to perform an outstanding service to our community at reasonable and affordable prices. The gossiping on forums is what may be keeping many people from even getting a job, let alone running a company.
Finally, we would like to give you our personal business number *removed*. Please feel free to contact us directly of any inquires you may have rather than hiding behind the screen.

TOP Protection

Thats not PAY its slave labour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry TopProtection you are playing the oldest trick in the book instead of defense you go on the attack a typical reaction of a sales exec defending his revenue stream but what you are not getting is that business models like yours in my view on encourage short term low paid jobs that has got this country into this hole.

As for your Care about the community nice touch but in my view pure spin and yes my heart bleeds for your £75k salary without bonus and that rather nice car you zip around in or hey why bother with a 1600 Ford Focus when you can get a Merc Big Boy

Sorry TopProtection you are playing the oldest trick in the book instead of defense you go on the attack a typical reaction of a sales exec defending his revenue stream but what you are not getting is that business models like yours in my view on encourage short term low paid jobs that has got this country into this hole.

As for your Care about the community nice touch but in my view pure spin and yes my heart bleeds for your £75k salary without bonus and that rather nice car you zip around in or hey why bother with a 1600 Ford Focus when you can get a Merc Big Boy

I think OT is unfortunately bang on there. TopProtection's attitude and outright Bull$hit stinks of this.

hmm £500 to rewire a 3 bed in a week, killing yourself, working 12 hour days for £500. materials cost at a guess - £600. price to customer £4000, equating to a nett profit for top protection of £2900. who's the mug?

TOP Protection

You lot give me a laugh and your spin fools no one.
You are looking for experienced electricians and it does not matter if you give them a van or not,people out there need money to pay the bills,and your rate is less than half what you should be paying.
I can only imagine you getting a fair turnaround of staff,and you will wonder why?

A spark should not need to depend on a bonus to feed the family,that is if any bonus exists?

The fact is many family men are a lot better off not working and sitting in the house looking for a REAL job rather than work for you for a couple of days before quitting.

Anyone that takes that job at those rates is a disgrace to their grade card,when Asda pay more.
I believe you can get more than £10 an hour in Aldi and they do not want a lot of electrical qualifications and experience or to supply your own tools.

Back to the OP, why don't you go and do the rewires, build up a good reputation for quality, cleanliness, etc,etc, then add staff when you are busy, or better still start employing apprentices.

Or are you a lazy clown who wants mugs to the hard work will you sit behind your desk?

Hahaha. So many companies genuinely believe that it is ok to offer poor wages at the moment due to lack of work , or maybes their naivety, but fail to realise that no decent electrician would touch this offer with a bargepole. Looked on the website which is full of inaccuracies. Oh dear mr top protection, next time you come on a forum full of electricians who know their stuff, you really need to have done your homework. Oh and 6.20 will get you nothing in this game!
Muchos grassyass
Signed an electrician who wouldnt even work for double that X

Reply to Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net