Taking the mick | Page 5 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you all for replying to the forum about the job posted by TOP Protection.
1.The job was posted 2 days ago and has already received 30 applications, with about 17 extremely suitable for the job. We only say we give £6.20 so we don’t invite money hungry employees. Employees of TOP Protection get extremely good bonuses and have a company van with unlimited millage (without a tracker).
To put into perspective of how much we pay our employees:
·£500 for a full rewire of a 3 bedroom house,
·£600 for a full rewire of a 4 bedroom house
Providing the work is completed in a week. We may get one rewire a month or even 3. We're a small company we don't have million pound contracts in place sadly believe it or not.
2.We are not Cowboy Company like many of you seem to think. We have extremely good references and yet have only been trading for a year.
Here’s a quick business lesson for some who don’t seem to grasp the idea of running a company:
Turnover – Costs (Wages, Vans, Rates, VAT, Tax) = Profit
Now if your turnover is less than your costs, you make a loss. Most of the big companies and the companies that you probably work for may have found themselves in this predicament. This is why they making so many workers redundant.
3.We are creating an opportunity. We would love to be enlightened of what many of you are doing for the local community. Are you offering jobs when thousands need them? Are you creating a suitable and safe workplace for your employees? Are you attempting to get some people off claiming benefits and job seeker’s allowance? TOP Protection cares a great deal for the local community and this is why we are extremely proud of the service we provide as well as the job opportunities. With all due respect, we think it is a lot better if a person is working and paying tax.
4.Racism and stereotyping is something we do not tolerate at TOP Protection. Indirectly hinting the nationality of employees and making a mockery of this sensitive subject is rather petty. The nationality and race of the employees of a company is irrelevant. Our company follows all the laws and we pay taxes. I suggest that those who feel the need to mock race, re-evaluate their behavior. It is not only pathetic but also disgraceful.
5.Nowhere in the advertisement for the job does TOP Protection state it is compulsory for you to apply for the job. Everyone is entitled to the freedom to apply.
6.We suggest that those who are mocking TOP Protection open a business and pay £15 p/h to all their employees and see how long their business even lasts. We are a local company who wish to perform an outstanding service to our community at reasonable and affordable prices. The gossiping on forums is what may be keeping many people from even getting a job, let alone running a company.
7. Terry1969 I was thinking the same thing.
Finally, we would like to give you our personal business number *removed*. Please feel free to contact us directly of any inquires you may have rather than hiding behind the screen.

We wish you all the very best of luck in getting a job.
TOP Protection

You know what bonny lad?

There should be a law passed that prevents people like you from employing other decent folks for the sort of joke wages you are offering.

Instead, you should all be made to work for yourselves.

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you all for replying to the forum about the job posted by TOP Protection.
1.The job was posted 2 days ago and has already received 30 applications, with about 17 extremely suitable for the job. We only say we give £6.20 so we don’t invite money hungry employees. Employees of TOP Protection get extremely good bonuses and have a company van with unlimited millage (without a tracker).
Providing the work is completed in a week. We may get one rewire a month or even 3. We're a small company we don't have million pound contracts in place sadly believe it or not.
2.We are not Cowboy Company like many of you seem to think. We have extremely good references and yet have only been trading for a year.
Here’s a quick business lesson for some who don’t seem to grasp the idea of running a company:
Now if your turnover is less than your costs, you make a loss. Most of the big companies and the companies that you probably work for may have found themselves in this predicament. This is why they making so many workers redundant.
3.We are creating an opportunity. We would love to be enlightened of what many of you are doing for the local community. Are you offering jobs when thousands need them? Are you creating a suitable and safe workplace for your employees? Are you attempting to get some people off claiming benefits and job seeker’s allowance? TOP Protection cares a great deal for the local community and this is why we are extremely proud of the service we provide as well as the job opportunities. With all due respect, we think it is a lot better if a person is working and paying tax.
4.Racism and stereotyping is something we do not tolerate at TOP Protection. Indirectly hinting the nationality of employees and making a mockery of this sensitive subject is rather petty. The nationality and race of the employees of a company is irrelevant. Our company follows all the laws and we pay taxes. I suggest that those who feel the need to mock race, re-evaluate their behavior. It is not only pathetic but also disgraceful.
5.Nowhere in the advertisement for the job does TOP Protection state it is compulsory for you to apply for the job. Everyone is entitled to the freedom to apply.
6.We suggest that those who are mocking TOP Protection open a business and pay £15 p/h to all their employees and see how long their business even lasts. We are a local company who wish to perform an outstanding service to our community at reasonable and affordable prices. The gossiping on forums is what may be keeping many people from even getting a job, let alone running a company.
Finally, we would like to give you our personal business number *removed*. Please feel free to contact us directly of any inquires you may have rather than hiding behind the screen.

TOP Protection

1. Presumably then anyone who feels they deserved to be paid more than £6.20 per hour is 'money hungry'?? - pay peanuts you get monkeys.

2. Here's a quick business lesson for you - VAT is NOT a business expense, in fact a portion of it can actually be construed as business INCOME.

3. £6.20 an hour will NOT get people off benefits, it will encourage them to stay on them!

4. Concern about the impact of foreign workers is not racism, many Iraqi men, after the Iraq war, complained about foreign contractors (Brits & US) taking all the jobs in the rebuild effort, they were RIGHT to!

5. No, but if all companies took this low wages approach then who would bother to learn any trade/skill - what incentives will there be? - country to the dogs.

6. Yes, there are economic pressures on all businesses but your position is, let's face it, ridiculously extreme.

7. Don't worry, at £6.20 per hour I won't be contacting you.

I think this reflects the low paid society we have government wants us to get on and buy houses to stimulate the economy yet I look all around me and see low paid workers doing unsocial hours and fine if its a stop gap but sadly for some this is for life.

Getting back to our trade it looks like companies like this helped in my view by the Scheme providers are pulling us down to the same level so what is the point of me working hard doing my 14,1516&17th editions I&T,ISI&TEE to get taken the p!ss out of so for me its a no brainer work for this clown with the feeling I should be happy to have a job or get a start with Tesco and get my staff benefits and a smart uniform decissions decissions.

Also go back to just after the war the government told the councils to build social housing for the low paid and the system worked and these people contributed to society ie Lay preacher, managed a football team, helped run a community centre, sat on the childrens panel, ran and organised the local bowling/cricket club. Now they live an existance as they rush to get home to allow their partner to go out on nightshift.

Now the poor sods are barely making enough to scrape the money together for a deposit to rent a private property and the country is run with salesmen who have no idea what they are selling but have a nice tan capped teeth nice suit a Merc of course who could not give a ---- if you lived or died.

Funny enough exactly 100 years ago Russia revolted because the peasants had enough and the rich were shot mmmmmm

TOP Protection
you may have....but those preparing to work for what you are offering?

what you will get for that is jogger onners who wont care about conformance, will make up values during lunchtime sat in the van and whoos only interest will be meeting them targets regardless......so will not care about peoples belongings/posessions in regards to damage etc....

The hourly rate when my time was out was over that.....22 year ago!
mr top protection the rates you offer are an insult to anyone with the slightest bit of skill in the electrical trade.
best of British with your community minded effort to get people working.
heres one my old man told me yesterday.
he works for a house builder who subs out the joiner work package.
the sub contractor joiner subs it out to someone else....
who in turn subs it out to someone else.
work commences .....a total pile of pesh
3rd man in gets sacked
2nd man in has to supply new boarding/fix poxes at his expense

Oops posted before I was finished.
point I'm getting at is that you want a decent end product with no come back, pay the going rate or above
want a job with endless corners cut pay peanuts
mr top protection you will get no repeat business with your current business model.
i give you a year before you have to shut due to the endless snagging/court cases

There should be a "higher" minimum wage for skilled professionals like sparks, carpenters, plumbers, etc, etc.

The minimum wage is a joke.

I agree. Why should skilled people be paid the same as (say) a supermarket shelf stacker, but how does one determine what a "skilled professional" is? Are we going to include - for example -the Electrical Trainee in this and then get into the argument of why is the rate of pay for them the same as for Industrial sparks??

It's a bit of a minefield ........

NOTE: Not intending to be disrespectful to Electrical Trainee - or anybody else - just trying to give an example of where it could go wrong .... ;)

Reply to Taking the mick in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net