Wiring up an immersion heater - help please | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofty84

Hi guys if anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. I've got to wired up a immersion heater. There is a switched fused spur mounted on the outside of the cupboard housing said immersion heater from this is a piece of flexed which need to be wired in. On top of the immersion heater is somewhere for the cables to go on the left is a heatrae terminal with a minus sin above it and on the right is a rdg terminal with a plus sign above it i take it live goes to the right and neutral to the left and the earth to the bi screw which says warning this alliance must be earthed. If so I will need some sort of earth crip and then a nut to tighten it down and make sites there a good solid connection. Any help greatly appreciated as there waiting on me to do It

This forum is becoming a help and advise site for DIYers and d#%kh#*ds who really should stick to pen pushing and gardening.

***Message to said people***
Do not attempt to carry out work that you have to ask how to do. It WILL eventually kill someone. There is a very good reason that there is a three year NVQ or City and Guilds course before we are allowed to carry out work such as this.

From reading the OP, and the amount of posts the OP has, im pretty sure he must be taking the buscuit with this thread.

If you aren't lofty, get a proper spark in - but im confident you're having a wind-up.

I dont know why some of you get so wored up its not as if Im going to make you look like a bad sparky or nick you work is it. If you cant come across to the customer in a way in which they want to give you the work (money) instead of someone else thats not my fault. Some people have helped and some havent others have jumped on the bandwagon, all I know is that it spurs me on.

For the record I am woking for a company the does social housing.

Ive been shown the way and now ill never forget so thank you very much to that person its massively appreciated x and I hope you get some good karma :)

anyways I ve got a load more questions, feel free to drop in to have a go, help out or jump on the bandwagon. Im sure some of them will amaze you but not in a good way

I dont know why some of you get so wored up its not as if Im going to make you look like a bad sparky or nick you work is it. If you cant come across to the customer in a way in which they want to give you the work (money) instead of someone else thats not my fault. Some people have helped and some havent others have jumped on the bandwagon, all I know is that it spurs me on.

Ive been shown the way and now ill never forget so thank you very much to that person its massively appreciated x and I hope you get some good karma :)

anyways I ve got a load more questions, feel free to drop in to have a go, help out or jump on the bandwagon. Im sure some of them will amaze you but not in a good way

I think its utterly bad form for you to be carrying out work on peoples houses. You may think people on here are having a pop at you, but there are literally thousands of "electricians" like you, doing the same as you, and most of the time just connecting it up, checking it works and the moving off to the next job without a care in the world and a handful of pound notes.

If you work for a company then why are you not asking these questions to the people you work with ? Surely to god you are not allowed to work unsupervised.
Does your employer know your levels of knowledge ?

Oh god it was a serious question! Why are you not being supervised on jobs if you work for a company? Do you issue certificates for the work you carry out?

well then I would probably loose my job which I dont fancy doing as its well paid and I get a company van. As I say I know how to do this now as someone sent me a link and told me what to do, I wont forget this and so on the next one it wont be a problem. infact in a miniute im going to go and take a look at the one upstairs.

no but they said they will put me through my 2391 or the equivilent which is nice of them, thats why I wouldnt mind keeping the job man

Reply to Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net