Wiring up an immersion heater - help please | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lofty84

Hi guys if anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. I've got to wired up a immersion heater. There is a switched fused spur mounted on the outside of the cupboard housing said immersion heater from this is a piece of flexed which need to be wired in. On top of the immersion heater is somewhere for the cables to go on the left is a heatrae terminal with a minus sin above it and on the right is a rdg terminal with a plus sign above it i take it live goes to the right and neutral to the left and the earth to the bi screw which says warning this alliance must be earthed. If so I will need some sort of earth crip and then a nut to tighten it down and make sites there a good solid connection. Any help greatly appreciated as there waiting on me to do It

This forum is becoming a help and advise site for DIYers and d#%kh#*ds who really should stick to pen pushing and gardening.

***Message to said people***
Do not attempt to carry out work that you have to ask how to do. It WILL eventually kill someone. There is a very good reason that there is a three year NVQ or City and Guilds course before we are allowed to carry out work such as this.

Surprised that it has taken you this long to figure this out our trade is on its knees and every chancer that can hold a pair of pliers is piling in on this forum

I bet half of you are not as good as you think. You would probably slag each other work of if you saw it ven if it was fine. Why dont you all go and do something else as if someone who can hold a pair of pliars is nicking you work then either a) you must be ****e or b) the client just doesnt like you on first impressions

I bet half of you are not as good as you think. You would probably slag each other work of if you saw it ven if it was fine. Why dont you all go and do something else as if someone who can hold a pair of pliars is nicking you work then either a) you must be ****e or b) the client just doesnt like you on first impressions

Or, c) the trade has slumped, countless numbers of chances entering the trade and undercutting everyone by sometimes as much as half to get the work?

Lofty, whats your aim of tonight...annoy as many people as possible and get banned?

there was no instructions, what do you expect me to do lol Im not the sort of chap who lets people walk all over him, I fight my corner, thats fair enough isnt it. I havent been rude ive even had a laugh at my own expense.eez some people.

You are attracting hostility because you are working as an electrician without seemingly the most basic of knowledge. You have just mentioned you are not going to let on about your obvious shortcomings to your employer for fear of being sacked. Then you expect to get help here to fill in the numerous gaps in your expertise and everyone to be nice as pie ?
Get real pal.
I once worked with a spark who had a story about the most clueless numbnuts he had ever worked with. His example of how useless this guy was, was that he asked for a wiring diagram so he could wire up an immersion heater.
Nuff said.

well were see about that, yes I might get sacked but ill keep going and ill get there one day. when I say get there I mean have the knowledge and confidence to crack on with any domestic electrical work with out needining to ask for any help. then ill train up some lucky dudes which is probably something most of you havent done because your not busy enough or just dont have the skills. why dont all of you moaning about the trade which is on its knees I know try and win contracts with big housing associations and that instead of moaning and taking it out on someone who is just trying to put food on the table and follow his passion.

im just going to wire it in anyway as it was there already I was just double checking it was ok to do so which I think shows I was at least cautoious and questioned it.

not everyones showing me hostility just angry people in gerneral im willing to bet. **** em id knock em out in the real world x

Reply to Wiring up an immersion heater - help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net