18 Days to come qualified | Page 5 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 18 Days to come qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was amazed when told about this

Bronze: Domestic Installer Course

You even get to pass the test and inspect course.

is this really possible starting with no knowledge

Christ this really is belittling our trade. Now I know why I make a good living of sorting out bodge jobs.

The ONLY people that legitimise these rogue so-called tradesmen, are the very organisations that were put in place to improve the safety and competence of those that undertake domestic installations. That has obviously failed miserably, as member numbers = money, .....and money is far more important to these scheme providers than fraudulently endorsing an incompetent fool, into someones home to play around with they're electrical installations!!

The Sooner you get rid of the band of money making parasites the Better... End Of!!

The organisations you talk of are run by people with little or no electrical knowledge they obviously assume that the same level of knowledge is needed for those doing the hands on work hence recognition of the fast track course and those trained by them

That's the one I did, trouble is its woefully inadequate :(

I guess its up to you Stan to now find a qualified Spark and spend a bit of time with them to gain experience. If you are like me and had very little knowledge before the course then afterwards you are still only going to know the very basics. I have had to teach myself many, many things.. adiabatic, volt drop, correct cables for outside/underground etc, all the building work that goes along with electrics etc etc etc.... The vast majority of the chaps on this site are brilliant, but be prepared to take a bit of (well deserved) stick!!

[ElectriciansForums.net] 18 Days to come qualified

Seriously though. I think you are all missing a very valid point here. Cop a look at that guy in the background. With that dodgy haircut and mad staring eyes, he'll never make it as a sparks.
Compared with someone like me he's just not pretty enough! :)

Reply to 18 Days to come qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net