18 Days to come qualified | Page 7 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 18 Days to come qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was amazed when told about this

Bronze: Domestic Installer Course

You even get to pass the test and inspect course.

is this really possible starting with no knowledge

Christ this really is belittling our trade. Now I know why I make a good living of sorting out bodge jobs.

There are 5 banner adverts advertising these courses on this page as I type this.

So perhaps the first place to start is to stop advertising on The Electricians Forum

What message is that sending out?

You Know the answer to that, any wannabee electrician coming on this site will assume that as the most popular forum is advertising these courses that they are OK.

If oyu cant get them removed from here, what chance have you got of getting them banned in the non virtual world? None IMHO

There are 5 banner adverts advertising these courses on this page as I type this.

So perhaps the first place to start is to stop advertising on The Electricians Forum

What message is that sending out?

You Know the answer to that, any wannabee electrician coming on this site will assume that as the most popular forum is advertising these courses that they are OK.

If oyu cant get them removed from here, what chance have you got of getting them banned in the non virtual world? None IMHO
caus its all about give us some money....we want your money....

I really can't be bothered to look at their site it just winds me up!!

I'm also not comfortable with them (TS4U & OLCI) being sponsors, if my opinion gets me another ban...... Then so be it.

I always liked this forum because most of the advertising is optional like the 'forum sponsors' banner on the RHS has an on-off toggle on it for example and the 'skimlinks' can be turned off in your personal settings.

I can understand the dislike of these fasttrack courses by the established electricians but for better or for worse they seem to be a part of the UK electrical industry landscape that isn't going away any time soon. They're underpinned by legal statutes and they're 'underwritten' or accepted by the scheme providers. I have no vested interest either way but I would suggest if there was as much commitment within the schemes or within the industry as there was against the blacklisting saga for example then you'd better get used to them because money is obviously talking louder at the moment.

It's not about me personally being able to disable the side bars because they anoy me, it's about people coming on here after a google search and thinking that the most trusted, in their eyes, ie the biggest forum in the uk is condoning said sponsors :(

The recognised qualification itself is a different subject to the business model of the training providers. The training providers will obviously train people to the qualification as laid down to be acceptable. They don't set the bar or the standard of the actual qualification, that was done between the government and the industry bodies I assume. Training providers hands are tied in this regard surely?

The recognised qualification itself is a different subject to the business model of the training providers. The training providers will obviously train people to the qualification as laid down to be acceptable. They don't set the bar or the standard of the actual qualification, that was done between the government and the industry bodies I assume. Training providers hands are tied in this regard surely?
They have a vested interest in maintaining the staus quo as it is that which is providing them with a living. Surely the trade as a whole should be getting together to drive standards up not down. I know that bit is slightly off topic but the training providers have the ear of the scams, the scams have the ear of the government

I always liked this forum because most of the advertising is optional like the 'forum sponsors' banner on the RHS has an on-off toggle on it for example and the 'skimlinks' can be turned off in your personal settings.

I can understand the dislike of these fasttrack courses by the established electricians but for better or for worse they seem to be a part of the UK electrical industry landscape that isn't going away any time soon. They're underpinned by legal statutes and they're 'underwritten' or accepted by the scheme providers. I have no vested interest either way but I would suggest if there was as much commitment within the schemes or within the industry as there was against the blacklisting saga for example then you'd better get used to them because money is obviously talking louder at the moment.
yep....rite on time...heres the `its not us` bit....

look marvo....i`m sorry but its quite disgraceful that this forum is selling advertising space to these rackets....
so no excuses, no reasons why please and dont insult me by saying `oh well you can alter your personal settings` etc etc....
as that just makes it worse....

They have a vested interest in maintaining the staus quo as it is that which is providing them with a living.
I don't see why they have a vested interest, if the domestic installer course requirement became one year minimum full time how would this affect their profits?

Surely the trade as a whole should be getting together to drive standards up not down. I know that bit is slightly off topic but the training providers have the ear of the scams, the scams have the ear of the government
I'm all for driving standards up and any group with a clear and united cause, sufficient numbers and making sufficient noise has the attention of the government.

I don't see why they have a vested interest, if the domestic installer course requirement became one year minimum full time how would this affect their profits?

I'm all for driving standards up and any group with a clear and united cause, sufficient numbers and making sufficient noise has the attention of the government.
It would affect their profits because they wouldn't be able to suck in and spit out so many, I understand what you're saying about the numbers and noise thing though. Just not sure right now how to go about it. Leave that one with me :)

yep....rite on time...heres the `its not us` bit....

look marvo....i`m sorry but its quite disgraceful that this forum is selling advertising space to these rackets....
so no excuses, no reasons why please and dont insult me by saying `oh well you can alter your personal settings` etc etc....
as that just makes it worse....

My advice was in response to a previous statement about there being multiple ads visible, I wasn't suggesting it would bring world peace or stop the dumbing down of the electrical industry in it's tracks.

Reply to 18 Days to come qualified in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net