Spur with two sfcu on it | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Spur with two sfcu on it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all is this ok to run two sfcu like this ?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Spur with two sfcu on it
Or should i run it like this
[ElectriciansForums.net] Spur with two sfcu on it

In wich case can you give us an explanation as to why not, I'll be very interested in your reasoning

Admitedly I`m assuming the socket it on a ring as apposed to a spur from a radial

Well its a spur, and unfused at its source, therefore as i understand it. OSG Page 68 (7.2.2)

" A non-fused spur feeds only one twin socket outlet or one permanently connected item of electrical equipment"

Last edited:
The spur, ie the cable, is not fused. If it was, the fcu would have to be part of the ring. Then again ,we can all nit-pick.

Taffy there is nothing wrong with the first one, have a look at Appendix 15 in the regs book page 425.
The light switch and boiler are both SFCU with 3amp fuse fitted according to the picture.

Hi all right the socket is on a ring final then going to the 1st sfcu then looping out to the 2nd sfcu o know you can only have 1 socket off a spur but both sfcu will be at 3a so i don't think i need a sfcu by the socket.

Reply to Spur with two sfcu on it in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thank you everyone for your comments Celia
Replies
Views
  • Question
It can be easy to lose the sequence of things. If the fused spur has a neon indicator and this isn’t coming on then I wonder if -the original...
Replies
Views
hI Gent's. I I can explain this spur line briefly, maybe someone can help me? Everything is Spur, no rings. Inside of the house and main fuse...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Please use the like button to thank, like or whatever. As the forum treats that as a positive message then and uses it to score members.
    • Optimistic
Replies
Views
  • Question
The pics you put up of the consumer unit are all good .....all circuits RCBO protected and as above swap the fuse out for a 3 amp
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks